AAUW POSITION DESCRIPTION
The branch secretary consists of both the recording secretary and corresponding secretary.
The following are the responsibilities of the Pittsburgh branch communications chair:
- Ensure that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements.
- Maintain the bylaws and policies of the AAUW board.
- Send appropriate greeting cards when necessary, i.e., sympathy cards, birthday cards, thank you cards to speakers, etc.
The secretary accomplishes her/his responsibilities by completing the following tasks:
- Assemble, coordinate, and approve draft minutes of the board and Executive Committee and submit for committee/board approval.
- Ensure that up-to-date copies of both bylaws and policies are present at every meeting.
- Maintain confidentiality of the executive session.
Along with the time necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities, this position requires time to serve on the branch board of directors and other committees as assigned. Attendance at branch meetings is strongly advised and attendance at state conventions and the AAUW National Convention is encouraged.